View larger image and text description
In the spirit of achieving equity, Health Action is actively working to improve engagement with community members who are facing the most challenges and disparities.
Health Action, collaboratively with local community engagement leaders, is developing a dual approach to:
- Help community members build their own power and
- Create an environment receptive of community member input
Authentic community member engagement can:
- Help bubble up the issues that are most affecting community members, especially those facing the most challenges
- Help inform Health Action priorities-- making decisions, policies and practices smarter, more equitable and more broadly supported by the community and partners
- Help determine which interventions will work the best in a local community- where there is the most need, readiness, and potential traction
- Build people power through inclusive leadership, fostering learning communities, being open to new ways, being inclusive and compassionate, and building hope and efficacy
- Build relationships between organizations and community members so they can understand and support each other
Health Action is working to support representatives from the Health Action Chapters to hone in on the pieces of community engagement that are working well and develop a set of best practices for Health Action Chapters.