Education is essential to achieving a comfortable standard of living, job satisfaction, and good health. Education provides people with the skills and tools they need to understand and navigate the world.
Through Health Action, Cradle to Career Sonoma County promotes educational attainment by connecting all segments of the educational continuum – early childhood, K-12, college/technical training, careers – with broad community support to improve the educational, economic, and health outcomes for all Sonoma County youth.
Vision: All children and youth reach their fullest potential at every stage in life.
- Connect: We bring community partners together to share innovative ideas, promote promising practices, and leverage the unique talents, perspectives, and resources that each offers.
- Educate: We educate and engage the community on critical issues and raise awareness about strategies that best support our local children and youth.
- Amplify: We identify and amplify approaches that work and seek to find support and resources to scale promising practices.
Goal 1: Support every child entering kindergarten to be ready to succeed.
Cradle to Career’s Goal 1 Workgroupis working to address kindergarten readiness by:
- Increasing access to infant/toddler care facilities and services through employer-supported childcare
- Increasing the number of healthcare partners and other providers conducting 0-5 universal developmental and social-emotional screening and appropriately referring for care
- Increasing utilization of coordinated trauma-informed resources and support with 0-5 staff and teachers
Goal 2: Promote the academic success of every child in and out of school.
Cradle to Career’s Goal 2 Workgroup is working to promote academic success with a focus on reducing absenteeism by:
- Coordinating a Sonoma County campaign focused on school attendance: iAttend
- Working with SCOE to amplify their trauma-informed approaches effort and address absenteeism
Goal 3: Support every young adult to prepare for and complete the highest level of postsecondary education or training to achieve their career goals.
Cradle to Career’s Goal 3 Workgroup is supporting the completion of postsecondary education or training by:
- Conducting a stakeholder assessment of key K-12 and postsecondary leaders
- Convening business and education leaders twice a year to facilitate cross-sector coordination and alignment
- Ensuring agreed upon local standards for college and career readiness