Cradle to Career Facts
Print the Cradle to Career Fact Sheet(PDF: 24 kB)
Our Vision: Strong Families… Successful Students…
World-class Workforce… Thriving Economy… Healthy Community...
Cradle to Career is a historic partnership that connects all segments of the educational continuum – early childhood, K-12, college/technical training, career placement – to eliminate the achievement gap caused by growing opportunity gaps.
Goal 1: Every child enters kindergarten ready to succeed.
Goal 2: The academic success of every child is supported in and out of school.
Goal 3: Every young adult is prepared for and completes the highest level of postsecondary education or training to achieve their career goals.
Initial strategy focuses on Goal 1 to increase percentage of: families with access to quality preschool; parents reading to their children every day; providers participating in professional development; and schools completing a common kindergarten readiness assessment.
Opportunities for Impact
Build commitment to the common agenda
- Use A Portrait of Sonoma County to understand and address disparities and opportunity gaps.
- Encourage organizations to align their work to common goals, strategies and outcomes.
- Leverage Health Action Chapters to engage the community and employ place-based strategies.
Align funding and measure results
- Utilize the Portfolio of Model Upstream Programs to select, expand and invest in evidence-informed interventions aimed at Education priorities.
- Compile and transparently report impact data and progress toward goals.
The Backbone Organization is the Department of Health Services and the Cradle to Career Operations Team supports goal area work groups. For more information visit: www.c2csonomacounty.org